Join other members to harvest vegetables at Bloomfield Farms as a donation to the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS) in Petaluma.
SUNDAY | SEPTEMBER 22 | 10 -2:00
12550 VALLEY FORD ROAD
PETALUMA CA 94952
• Share a delicious Southern-influenced meal by chef Brandon Guenther of Rocker Oysterfeller's Kitchen + Saloon and Firefly Catering in Valley Ford, made from products from the farm and other growers in the area.
• Sample non-alcoholic beverages and cheeses from a new generation of young local food entrepreneurs.
• Hear from Elizabeth Hale, Director of Food Programs/The Petaluma Kitchen and Monica Savon, Assistant Executive Director, about the programs of COTS.
• Get to know the new community network platform CropMobster™, the idea of Nick Papadopoulos, the general manager of Bloomfield Farms, to solve problems relating to food waste, hunger and the challenges farmers and food companies face to remain economically viable.
• Hear about the recent history of the EsteroAmericano watershed from the Friends of the Estero, an eco-agricultural disaster averted.
• Learn about new thinking around money and investments in local agriculture from Slow Money, the North Bay group.
It's an all-family event, so bring your kids, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and their friends, too.
This is a BYO adult beverage, BYO place setting, including glassware, and BYO musical instrument event.
Parking is limited so please carpool.
For tickets please go to http://slowfoodrrharvestingforcots.brownpapertickets.com/
View this in full at: http://e2.ma/message/58gxe/l5cse